Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Learning about MLK

Hey ya'll. I'm enjoying the snow cold day and just looking ahead. I wanted to post some of my MLK stuff. Here is a sample of some TLC Art my students make. If you aren't familiar with her stuff, check it out {here}. It's such a great activity for teaching directions and fine motor skills. I especially love how all of the students' art work looks so similar, but yet...so different! 
My students fill out a was/had/wanted chart and learn all about MLK through non fiction texts. 
We also add a MLK poem to our poetry journal. I just love these illustrations. Kindergarten drawings are my fave!!
You can find most of these items in this unit {here}.
And just because I love ya'll....and my kiddies have been working a lot lately on multi flow maps, here's another freebie for ya! 
Just click on the image to grab it from Google Docs. I hope you enjoy! I'm out again tomorrow for COLD. Whoop Whoop. What do you do to celebrate MLK Day? Please share!

4 comments:

Heart of Kinder said...

I love your blog. You have some very cute ideas.Visit my blog and see what you think.. Www.heartofkinder.blogspot.com. Note I just started blogging.

Jan said...

Thanks for sharing these great ideas:-)

Unknown said...

Hi Erin,
Isn't it great to have a chance to look ahead? I'm trying to take advantage of our snow days to get some planning done as well. I love reading your posts! Happy 2014!
Kimberly
Funky First Grade Fun

james said...

It's such a great activity for teaching directions and fine motor skills. I especially love how all of the students' art work looks so similar. Now its time to avail power only dispatch servicesfor more details.